PHOTOS: Anita Erskine Holds ‘Conversations’ Seminar To Empower Women
Thirty young women eagerly absorbed important lessons from leading women in the broadcast industry, including Bridget Otoo and Berla Mundi among others, as part of a new initiative from Anita Erskine Media and Brand Woman Africa titled “Conversations – Leading Change Through Young Women in an Evolving Africa,” held at the Oak Plaza Hotel on Saturday, April, 30th .
“I believe our young women have so much incredible potential to create the kind of social change Ghana urgently needs, but sometimes it’s just a matter of finding the right motivation to push you in the direction of success,” said award-winning television and radio host Anita Erskine, who organized the event. “I created Conversations which will be a quarterly event covering a range of sectors, to give young women an opportunity to interact with and have real conversations with experts on how to build a successful career within a particular industry.”
Conversations for Change
The following speakers were in attendance to share a range of experiences and advice on topics across the broadcast industry in Ghana and show the audience what powerful women are capable achieving within the media:
– Bridget Otoo: Presenter, TV3
– Berla Mundi: Radio & TV Presenter, LiveFM and 4Syte TV
– Chantelle Asante: TV Presenter & Producer, Viasat 1
– Akua Boatemaa: Video and Photography Director
– Owusua Dacosta: TV Presenter & Producer, Discovery +233
– AJ Sarpong: Radio & TV Presenter / Producer, StarrFM and GH One TV
– Akosua Hanson: Radio & TV Presenter, LiveFM & Celebrity Fanzone on Viasat 1
– Caroline Sampson: Radio & TV Presenter
Inspiring Global Progress
The program, designed to educate and inspire young women from the Ghana Institute of Journalism, the African University College of Communication and NAFTI, gave aspiring females the chance to connect, communicate and network with industry experts including Anita Erskine.
After listening to each of the broadcast industry experts tell their stories, the students were spilt into small groups to provide more intimate conversations between the students and the professionals. Key parts of the program focused on broadcasting online via Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn and how it can encourage wider participation and reach a global audience.
The event served as the first installment of a recurring program designed to encourage the next generation of female leaders across a variety of industries. Sponsors including Oak Plaza, EcoBank, the Vodafone Ghana Foundation, Maybeline , PlanitGhana and Eurostar are thrilled to have taken part in such a positive experience focused on growing a new generation of empowered female entrepreneurs.
About: Kelly Faisal
- Previous UPDATE: Tiwa Savage Addresses Tee Billz’s Accusations In Video, Her Big Sister Remi Fagbohun Speaks Out
- Next University Of Cape Coast Honours Ohemaa Mercy