AKA’s Levels Album Goes Platinum
The #3RDWRLDBOSS, AKA’s second studio album, LEVELS, has officially been certified Platinum. AKA’s LEVELS album has gained him a strong following across the African continent, opened up doors for him in the U.S and the U.K and has entrenched him as the Most Important Player in the South African music scene.
The LEVELS’ album Platinum status is testament of the hunger of AKA’s fans to want to own AKA’s catalogue of music which are classic hits that fans believe they will continue to treasure in many years to come.
In 2015, AKA dominated the South Africa radio airways as the most played South African artist with only two new single releases that came towards the end of the year. AKA received and continues to receive award nominations and recognition across the globe for singles released from his album LEVELS.
Going on two years without a new album, it is unheard of in South Africa for an artist to be able to keep up momentum let alone dominate the music scene and this is verification of the talent, relevance and brand power of AKA.
We need to celebrate with AKA and congratulate him on yet another milestone.
Here are just a few highlights of AKA’s career over the past few months which show why he is South Africa’s Most Valuable Player in the music industry:
· AKA is the first South African musician to gain 1 Million Twitter Followers
· AKA is the first person in African to receive the Exclusive Twitter Camera App
· AKA’s first performance of new single, One Time, trended worldwide and was the most watched episode of Live Amp – ever
· AKA’s release of new single, Dreamwork ft Yanga, crashed the internet, trended for over 24 hours and had internationally acclaimed artist, Snoop Dogg, rap to it.
· AKA won 2 Metro FM Awards (MMA15) this year (with no new album)
· AKA received 4 South African Music Award nominations (SAMA22), of which 2 fall in the category Record of The Year (with no new album)
· AKA is the only African based artist to feature in the BBC Radio 1Xtra’s “HOT FOR 2016” artists list, which previously predicted successes such as Drake and Sam Smith.
· AKA received 5 Best African Act nominations in 2015 showing his brand appeal as an artist dominating the African continent and not just in South Africa
· AKA received a BET Award nomination in the category Best International Act (Africa)
· AKA was the first South African artist on Tim Westwood’s UK show and paved the path for other South Africans to be featured.
· AKA headlined numerous events in 2015 across the African continent in countries such as Nigeria, Ghana and Mozambique just to mention a few; in the UK, in Canada and LA.
AKA recently hosted the first of a series of planned SupaMega shows, which saw him shut down Zone 6 venue in Soweto to a capacity the venue has never seen before.
Many media platforms have reported that AKA has set a benchmark with his live performance set and that SA should look forward to attending one of SupaMega shows in a city near them.
About: Kelly Faisal
- Previous Ikenna Azuike Is Back With The Fourth Series Of What’s Up Africa
- Next JOE METTLE WINS BEST MALE ARTISTE IN SOUTH AFRICA AHEAD OF VGMAS